Applying to Oxford or Cambridge
Every year we have a number of students applying to both Oxford & Cambridge and we are here to support those students throughout that process in the following way:
- Oxford - Every other year we take a group of students from years 10-12 to visit St John's College, Oxford. This is a great opportunity for students to speak to and ask questions to current students, to sit in on a couple of lectures, to eat lunch in one of the fabulous dining halls and to be tested, in groups, on different questions that A Level students are asked at the interview stage.
- Cambridge - As Cambridge is a little too far away to get to in a day, we have a representative come into school each year to meet and discuss with our students from years 10-12. This is an opportunity for students to find out more about life at as a student at Cambridge, the process of applying etc. and for them to ask as many questions as they wish.
- Oxbridge Conference - Each year we take a group pf year 12 students to Epsom for the annual Oxbridge Conference. This is a great opportunity for students to attend talks on making a competitive application, admissions and Q&As with students and to mingle with many other students who have the same ambition to apply to Oxford or Cambridge.
- Personal Statements - those students applying to Oxford or Cambridge need to submit their application mid-October, earlier than the other deadline of mid-January. We are here to support students with this process and have helped many successful students through this process.
- Admissions Tests - many of the courses will require students to take an admissions test. We are here to support students as much as possible to make them confident when taking these tests.
- Interviews - we organise mock interviews for every single one of our year 13 students to help prepare them for university interviews they may be required to attend. For those students applying to Oxbridge, we arrange for them to be interviewed by ex-Oxbridge students who are now following successful careers but who know the process as they have been through the experience and know what the institutions are looking for. Questions asked at Oxbridge interviews are often a little different to those asked at other interviews. We ensure these questions are asked to our Oxbridge students.